Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling . This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Under limited supervision, participate as a highly skilled member on a team of IT Client Server Engineers, providing technical expertise for the designing, planning, testing and implementation phases of Client Server projects as assigned by Client Server Management. Take a primary role in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, testing and documenting Client Server systems and software in a laboratory environment. Lead efforts related to the successful implementation of Client Server systems into production while following BB&T standards and procedures. Effectively manage relationships with key support partners, line of business representatives and vendors. Lead implementation of complex medium to large scale enterprise projects. Lead development of innovative improvements. Proficient at driving solid effective and timely decisions in alignment with departmental direction based on excellent command of business knowledge and technology. Under limited supervision, lead efforts in investigating, evaluating and incorporating best practices based on knowledge of environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Lead efforts related to designing, planning, enhancing, and testing all distributed systems platforms used throughout the enterprise including base-lining current systems, trend analysis and capacity planning as required for future systems requirements.
2. Lead technical assessment, research, and testing of new technologies as requested using client server design, automation, and scripting best practices and procedures.
3. Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan the use of computers and peripheral equipment, or modifications to existing equipment and systems that will provide capability for proposed project or work load, efficient operation and effective use of allotted resources.
4. Responsible for third-level technical support of Client Server systems providing expert problem analysis and resolution in a timely manner.
5. Participate in all areas of technology management, systems development or systems implementation as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of related experience with distributed systems in Information Technology
3. A comprehensive understanding of applied enterprise computing technology
4. Thorough knowledge of data flow, mainframe/client server systems, problem analysis and systems tuning. Adept with network interfaces and technologies
5. Knowledge of multiple programming/script languages with proficiency in development of systems and program interfaces
6. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
7. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify SDL2017