Responsible for the initial preparation and servicing of all permanent and portable bars operating within the hotel.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
* Retrieve orders from storeroom. Visually check stock received against written requisition with storeroom personnel to ensure order is accurate. Upon delivery to the bar, re-check items with bartender for completeness.
* Cut, slice and peel perishable garnishes and fruits, and mix and pour juices in sufficient amounts according to projected business. Store back-up supplies needing refrigeration in prescribed containers for later use.
* Check and assist bartender in maintaining adequate amounts of supplies, i.e., stir sticks, napkins, matches, etc., for both the immediate bar and extended service area.
* Maintain cleanliness of bar area, beer lockers, refrigeration and storage areas to comply with health code standards.
* Scoop ice from ice bins, transport to service areas and replenish ice containers for usage.
* Box and save empty liquor bottles as they accumulate for later returns and requisitions.
* Transport taps, and replace and perform routine maintenance requirements for heavy beer kegs.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
* Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Basic mathematical skills necessary to ensure proper delivery amounts and understand portion sizes. Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use a knife, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, tap kegs and extend arms overhead to stock items. Ability to comprehend written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel. Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 150 lbs., on a continuous schedule. Ability to perform duties within temperature ranges, from normal to refrigerated.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate's supervisor. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an "at will" associate. SDL2017