The Sous Chef is responsible for overseeing all activity in the kitchen to ensure efficiency, safety, and directs all kitchen employees in their duties. The Sous Chef is also responsible for maintaining optimum food quality and consistency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Provides management and support to all kitchen personnel on their shift.
· Ensures that all food served is prepared properly and meets set quality standards.
· Ensures that a sufficient amount of stock is on hand to accommodate business demands.
· Ensures that the entire kitchen meets hotel and state health standards for food preparation.
· Follows all applicable safety procedures specified for kitchen and food service areas.
· Is at all times appropriately groomed and wears the uniform provided.
· Work requires effective communication in English, both verbal and written form in a professional manner.
· Work requires a minimum of a two year Culinary Arts School, or equivalent technical training in the food industry.
· Work requires three years of restaurant/food service, including 3 years supervisory experience
· Must present a neat and professional appearance.
· Work prefers Bilingual abilities
· Work requires flexibility to work various shifts.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Fast paced environment, multiple tasks to be handled under time constraint. Must be able to handle a heavy business volume, and sensitive situations relating to staff and guest problems, in a timely manner
Company Description Come Do Your Best Work Here!
Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest casino entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada more than 70 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now owns or manages casino resorts on four continents. The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names; Caesars also owns the London Clubs International family of casinos and the World Series of Poker.
Since 1951, the legendary Horseshoe Casino has been all about the gambler. We know how to make our guests feel like big fish. Our service is secondary to none, our casinos are damn nice and our amenities keep our guests wanting more. We have a confidence that comes from working for the number one casino brand in every market in which we operate.
Horseshoe Casino Baltimore on Russell Street in Baltimore's south side opened in August 2014. Horseshoe Baltimore was designed to maximize connectivity with existing hospitality operators, neighboring professional sports venues M&T Bank Stadium and Camden Yards, and the city's famed Inner Harbor. With nearly 122,000 square feet of non-stop gaming action, the casino features video lottery terminals (VLTs), table games, and a World Series of Poker room. Guy Fieri's Baltimore Kitchen and Bar, John Besh and Aarón Sánchez's Johnny Sánchez, Horseshoe's famous Jack Binion's Steak and a "Baltimore Marketplace" featuring authentic Charm City food outlets round out the food offerings. Horseshoe Baltimore also features nightlife at 14forty, Horseshoe's center bar featuring 24/7 entertainment, not to mention bars such as B'More Beers, which highlights some of Baltimore's famed brewers.