Are you a specialty coffee lover? Are you ready to take on the Operations Management of a smaller company with an interesting story and a bright future? Do you love to mentor and grow a team? Are you looking for the next challenge in your Operations career that has meaning and purpose? If you answered YES to these questions, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
Seattle Coffee Works, one of Seattle's most innovative coffee roasters, is seeking an experienced and passionate Director of Operations to help build our growing coffee story. What's our story you ask? We are about amazing coffee, kind people and cozy spaces. We have a robust portfolio of Direct Trade partners and coffees, and a vision to MAKE COFFEE BETTER in terms of quality, sustainability and equity. We aim to take coffee hospitality to the next level.
The Director of Operations will oversee our four retail locations in Ballard, Pike Place Market, Capitol Hill and South Lake Union and our roastery operations facility. The ideal candidate will have strong P&L experience and the ability to provide strong, dynamic leadership.
Key Responsibilities of the Director of Operations:
· People Management - Provide team leadership to our baristas and store managers. You will mentor, develop and engage all team members so they achieve their personal best and are able to contribute to our thriving team.
· Financial Execution - Help grow our business by driving sales; we want you to leverage your business acumen as you will be responsible for the overall P&L for all of our stores and roastery operations.
· Development of Operating Procedures - Develop effective systems, procedures and documentation to ensure operations are more efficient.
· Strategic Leadership - Partner with the Founder of Seattle Coffee Works to develop long-term strategic and operational planning, marketing initiatives and achieve our business goals.
What the Successful Candidate will have:
· 5+ years Operations Management experience within the hospitality or retail industry. Some coffee hospitality experience is ideal.
· Proven increasing leadership effectiveness as a Store Manager, District Manager and/or Regional Manager.
· Bachelors' degree required, Business Administration specialization is preferred. MBA a plus.
· Demonstrated experience leading and mentoring teams.
· Ability to provide senior level, strategic leadership to our 30-people company.
· Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills.
Seattle Coffee Works has Outstanding Benefits including:
· Competitive salary package with bonus opportunities
· Generous paid time off
· Health & Dental insurance
· Public transportation pass
· Continuing educational opportunities
· Travel to learn more about our farmers
· Best coffee in town for FREE!
If you feel you have what it takes to help grow our business and take us to the next level, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this opportunity.
Company Description Seattle Coffee Works is one of Seattle's most innovative coffee roasters with four locations in Ballard, Pike Place Market, Capitol Hill and South Lake Union and our roastery operations facility.