Position at Starlight Casino, Edmonton
Job Type: Part-Time (Regular)
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (Gateway) is the largest and most diversified gaming company in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,100 employees and operates 26 gaming properties with 286 tables, over 9,800 slots, 57 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider in Northern Ontario, Gateway will undertake two new planned builds in North Bay and Kenora. Gateway is undertaking an ambitious growth strategy to dramatically improve the customer experience and attract new customers. This includes the development of proprietary casino and food and beverage brands like Match Eatery & Public House and Atlas Steak + Fish. This year Gateway is celebrating 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
If you know how to make a job fun, be a part of the casino action and excitement at Gateway! We offer you the opportunity to assess your technical skills and demonstrate your love of the game.
As a Dealer you will conduct the play of the table game in a professional, friendly, courteous, and entertaining manner.
Our comprehensive training program and self-motivation empowers self-motivated individuals to move their career toward a supervisory or management position and achieve professional success!
A Great fit, if You
* Are outgoing, friendly, and love to deliver extraordinary service
* Enjoy calculating numbers, memorizing combinations, and focusing on the details
* Understand and enjoy the excitement of blackjack and/or table games
* Take pride in every game you deal and are eager to learn and master new games
* Are a night owl, and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings and weekends
* Enjoy talking to guests about events and promotions
* Enjoy working in a flexible, cooperative environment
* Computes players wins or loses and bet settlements
* Secures cards, chips and cash; authorizes and verifies all transactions and concentrates on table activities
* Maintains appropriate game pace and proper game security
* Contacts Dealer Supervisor when appropriate to resolve disputes and game irregularities
What Youll Require
* Minimum 1 year experience in a Customer Service role
* Sharp mathematical skills to add and multiply numbers quickly and memorize repeated numerical combinations
* Dealing experience is an asset
* Completion of Deal Us In Phase I training within 30 days of start
* Strong manual dexterity to deal cards with fluidity and manipulate stacks of chips
* Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time as applicable
* Ability to lift objects weighted approximately 15 lbs
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages! [see description]