To assist with the production of a variety of on-hill events.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform race and event set-up procedures: set course as instructed, check timing devices, check snow and weather conditions, set up banners, flags, signs and safety fences. Advise manager of any concerns
* Assist with running races, events and venues: start and time racers and participants, record and announce times, monitor condition of course and make adjustments if necessary
* Dismantle course at conclusion: take down timing device, gates, etc.
* Assist groups and/or clubs in running of race. Instruct and direct racers in starting and racing procedures, answer questions and the like
* Perform routine clerical tasks related to running race.
* Follow all safety standards and procedures. Perform duties in a manner to maximize safety and minimize risk to self and others
Direct supervision is received from the Events Coordinator and Events Manager.
Basic education (high school) with some experience in skiing and ski racing and events.
* Intermediate skiing ability
* Basic mechanical/electrical repair skills
* Ability to deal effectively with a variety of company personnel, ski club members, racers and the like.
* Ability to drive and ride a snowmobile
* Valid driver's license with clean driving record
* Physical ability to work in all the elements
At Mount Snow we work as a team, flexing with the business and team needs. Responsibilities, duties and the requirements for this position may change at any time, with or without a change in title, benefits or salary. Like most jobs in the ski industry, this position requires a flexible schedule, possibly working outdoors in all elements, working holidays, weekends and long hours as necessary. SDL2017