Arlington , VA
Is Cybersecurity your niche? Well this just may be the job for you! The National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS) is an integrated system of intrusion detection, analytics, intrusion prevention, and information sharing capabilities that are used to defend the Federal Executive Branch's IT infrastructure from cyber threats. NCPS is housed within the Network Security Deployment (NSD) Division of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
CSRA provides NSD with operations and maintenance support to sustain NCPS cybersecurity capabilities.
We are currently seeking an experienced Database Engineer with hands on knowledge of Oracle in Arlington, VA. This position requires the chosen candidate to have an active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility.
This position will be responsible for Microsoft SQL Server database management and administration, to include monitoring, managing, maintenance and performance tuning as well as supporting newly identified projects through involvement during the system inception and design phases.
* Participates in client/project meeting(s) for needs assessment and design review. Analyzes the needs and requirements of users of existing and proposed database systems and develops technical, structural and organizational specifications to include access methods, access time, job control language, statistical methodologies, device allocation, validation checks, protection and security.
* Designs, develops, implements and maintains moderately complex database for internal and external users/clients.
* Creates, documents and implements standards and/or modeling to monitor and enhance the capacity and performance of the database. Programs and writes codes as necessary. Develops data import and export routines to automate data loading. Builds windows, screens and reports.
* Performs analyses and reviews complex applications being released into production. Develops test application code in client server environments to ensure that software conforms to build management practices.
* Develops back-up and recovery procedures and data archive/purge procedures. Creates supporting technical documentation.
* Remains abreast of and analyzes new and emerging technologies and tools for applicability to field. Prepares reports and/or recommendations of new and/or changing processes/products.
* Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
* Review feasibility of various project approaches and make recommendation(s).
* Perform administration/tuning/troubleshooting supporting multiple projects
* Develop documentation; oversee implementation of same.
Is this role the step in your career?
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, business administration, software engineering or related field preferred
* Four or more years of database engineering, design, development experience
* Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2014
* Ability to design and implement relational databases
* Demonstrated troubleshooting and performance tuning of Microsoft SQL Server
* Working knowledge of Reporting Services and Microsoft Report Builder
It would be great if you also had:
* Microsoft SQL 2008/2012/2014
* Hardening and patching
* Backup and recovery
* Report builder and reporting services
Additional skills and/or certifications:
* Source code management tools (Git or Subversion)
* Familiarity with SSIS and ETL
* Familiarity with any of the following languages: Python, PowerShell
* Experience using Microsoft products (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc.)
* Experience with the Windows operating systems
* MCSA: SQL Server 2012
As the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector, CSRA is where you can come to be successful. Join a collaborative team, solving customer issues and accessing an array of resources for your success. Take advantage of tremendous opportunities as you help us chart our path to industry leadership, and tap into our collective 90+ year heritage. With combined FY15 revenues of approximately $5.5 billion and nearly 19,000 employees, CSRA represents the coming together ? figuratively and literally ? of two outstanding companies: the North American Public Sector business of CSC and SRA. Join us and watch your career take flight.
Is this role not perfect for you, but you're still interested in learning more about what CSRA has to offer? We have other opportunities available as well! Visit this link to join our Talent Community today:
CSRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status or any other Characteristic Protected by Law. SDL2017