San Antonio Hotel at the Colonnade
The Omni San Antonio Hotel at the Colonnade is alive with the spirit of Texas. This four-diamond, luxury hotel captures the essence of the city with impeccable service and charm. Overlooking the rolling Texas Hill Country, this 19-story high-rise is close to the area's most exciting sites and attractions such as the historic Alamo, Sea World San Antonio and the enchanting Riverwalk.
Omni San Antonio at the Colonnade's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni San Antonio at the Colonnade may be your perfect match.
The Catering Coordinator, is responsible for clerical, administrative, and other duties to assist in the smooth operation of the Catering department. Responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests. To be the liaison between the banquet/culinary team and catering or convention service manager.
* Answer incoming telephone calls - all Catering lines.
* Responds to telephone inquiries by determining client's needs and specifications for referral to Catering Sale Managers.
* Conducts daily distribution of banquet event orders and event changes
* Communicates with clients in reference to final headcount/guarantee for conventions and events.
* Ensures that all filing systems are maintained according to specifications (Convention and Catering).
* Coordinates catering/convention events when groups are on property.
* Coordinates all in-house booking requests, placement in Delphi and preparation of event orders
* Gathers and organizes copies of contracts for end of the month reports
* Establishes rapport with catering/convention service clients and functions as her/his liaison.
* Special projects as assigned by Director of Catering.
* Responsible for client correspondence when sending rooming list, proposal, BEO's etc.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent.
* Knowledge of the operations of the hotel industry.
* Dynamic, enthusiastic and creative who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshoot when needed.
* Command of the English language both written and verbal, with the ability to demonstrate warmth and empathy when engaging with others.
* Highly developed customer service skills with strong attention to detail.
* Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook. Delphi experience preferred.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays. SDL2017