Equipment Steward/Dish Steward Supervisor
Under the direction of Executive Chef and Kitchen Supervisors.
Supports Conference Operations through equipment management as well as coordinating and overseeing daily tasks of the Dish Stewards.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
* Reports to work on time in the proper uniform.
* Obeys all company rules and regulations.
* Oversee the maintenance of a clean, organized, and sanitary dish area.
* Oversee the maintenance of a steady flow of cleaning of all equipment including but not limited to pots, pans, glassware, silverware, china, etc.
* Oversee the proper stocking, organizing, and storage of all equipment including but not limited to pots, pans, glassware, silverware, china, etc. in their appropriate assigned storage locations.
* Keeps dish area and all dish/glass storage areas organized, clean, and safe throughout service and day to day.
* Ensures equipment is cleaned in a timely manner in order to keep up with business levels.
* Removal of trash and recycling into proper receptacles.
* Sweeping and mopping floors, including but not limited to, kitchen, staff bathroom, walk in coolers
* Maintains direct line of communication between all kitchen staff, banquet staff, and stewards.
* Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis.
* Oversees the maintenance of good safety practices of employees throughout the property.
* Directly controls equipment inventory by regularly managing an inventory log as well as managing minimal breakage and loss.
* Deliver all equipment needed for functions to the back of house preparation area by the time confirmed with the Conference Operations Manager.
* Manage proper timing on turn over equipment between functions.
* Coordinate the recovery of borrowed equipment from other outlets.
* Takes fast and appropriate action to solve problems within operations as well as within the team.
* Maintains good safety practices of employees throughout the property.
* Training all dish staff in regards to proper washing, handling, storage, etc.
* Occasional contact with guests.
* Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
* Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
* Supervision/Management: Self-supervision is required when given directions for events.
Education & Experience Requirements
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* 12-24 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
* Previous Supervisory experience preferred
* Experience in hospitality or Food and Beverage preferred.
* Food handler permit.
* Must have a Utah Driver License and a clean motor vehicle record.
* Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid Utah medical card, for driving of Snowbird's box truck.
Skills & Knowledge
* Demonstrate competency in operating dish machines and chemicals.
* Is familiar with various kitchen equipment ? china, silver, pots/pans, etc.
* Work with some written materials, interpret banquet event orders in order for china, glass, silver needs.
* Requires the ability to follow directions.
* Requires the use of simple math with accuracy in counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
* Requires the ability to safely handle dishes, glasses, utensils, carts, racks, and other conference operations equipment.
* Requires some judgement within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval.
* Additionally requires problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and have a strong understanding of other Snowbird operations.
* Works with Chef to manage staffing needs.
* Keeps an inventory log of large quantities of banquet equipment.
* Computer skills are not required but could be beneficial.
* Able to self-manage with little direction at times.
* Shifts vary, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels.
* Irregular shifts and hours are required at times.
* Full time hours vary from 30 to 40 hours per week.
* Hours will vary depending on business levels.
* During Heavy business levels overtime may be common.
* Days off will not be consistent
* Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
* Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
* Frequent walking from location to location inside and outside.
* May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird
* Will need to problem solve under pressure during heavy business levels and last minute unexpected requests.
* Travel to and from other lodges will be necessary both on foot and in a Snowbird Vehicle, some off resort travel may be necessary at times.
All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. SDL2017