American Cruise Lines is hiring Hotel General Managers to live and work on its small luxury cruise ships. This dynamic hospitality position puts you in a new destination every day and challenges you to achieve in all areas of hospitality and customer service. Each ship is similar to a small, luxury hotel, where the highest level of service is provided at all times and individual requests are accommodated with courtesy.
Hotel General Managers are senior-level shipboard officers who supervise the Food Service Department, Kitchen, Housekeeping Department, shore excursions and all entertainment on board. Managers also receive bonuses for on board sales and cruise rebookings from happy guests. The overall guest satisfaction on board is each hotel manager's primary responsibility and measure of success. Managers typically work six weeks on board our ships and have two weeks off. Flexible schedules allow managers to live anywhere nationally and travel to each cruise ship for work. Travel arrangements to and from each ship are provided by the company.
- Manage all aspects of the hotel environment through a team of assistant managers and service members
- Process financial transactions and manage the business office
- Become a hands on leader in the housekeeping and food service departments
- Demonstrate the highest level of personalized service to guests
- Sell tickets onboard for future cruises to happy guests
- Bachelor's degree Hospitality Management or Business Administration. College transcripts will be required during the interview process
- Minimum 5 years management experience at a full service hotel, resort or cruise ship
- Strong organizational skills and effective communication skills (English)
- Willingness to work long days, every day, for extended periods of time
- Flexible schedule and willingness to travel
- US Coast Guard regulated pre-employment drug test
Company Description American Cruise Lines is the largest U.S. cruise company and operates the newest fleet of riverboats and small cruise ships around the country. Our people make the difference. We recognize that our employees have made, and will keep us America's leading river cruise specialist.
Our philosophy for success is simple; hire talented people then provide training, support systems and motivation so you will thrive. Long established and deeply experienced in cruise travel, American Cruise Lines has been honored with multiple awards.