This executive position is the second in command to the Vice President of Operations of a large full-service, franchised hotel with an extensive range of facilities and services, high volume catering and meeting facilities, and a large number of key accounts and guests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Vice President of Operations in the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and operational plans for the hotel to ensure optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability.
- Make recommendations for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the hotel and/or company and brand loyalty.
- Direct day to day activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognize good performance.
- Educate, train and motivate hotel staff while ensuring they have the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with hotel and/or company rules and policies.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with key department heads.
- Interacts with guests and individuals outside the hotel, including, but not limited to, current and potential clients, owning company representatives, community leaders, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community.
- Ensures highest level of guest satisfaction by providing quality guest services and amenities.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with company policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Maintain relations with outside contacts.
- Serve as part of Manager on Duty program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration;
Minimum of three years of general management experience in a high level operations role or prior general manager experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
Prior experience in management of at least a 250+ room facility with 10,000+ square feet of meeting space required;
Basic accounting skills are required;
Basic computer skills are required;
Must speak English, bilingual in Spanish preferred;
Previous experience with any major franchise brand such as IHG, Hilton, or Marriott, preferred;
Work Permit Needed:
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Entry Level Position:
Hotel Manager - General Manager
Job Type: Full-time