Job Title: Cook
Job Location: Provision Living at Kearney
Job Status: Part-time
Reports To: Dining Manager
Provision Living, LLC, is a growing premier operator in senior housing properties, specifically focusing on assisted living and memory care. The company is based in St. Louis, MO with operations in several states. For us, it's All About Living Your Passion! From our residents, to our associates, to the greater communities we serve, Provision Living's aim is to maximize the potential of every life we touch and we do so by living into our vision of creating a radiant organization where our residents and our employees are loved, inspired and able to thrive. If you share this vision, and have a compassion for and a desire to work with seniors, we are seeking a Cook to support our community in Kearney, MO.
As the Cook, reporting directly to the Chef/ Dining Manager, you will ensure the provision of quality food preparation in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations while supporting the team in optimizing each resident's well-being and overall experience.
- Cook and bake
- Help with serving meals, drinks, and maintaining a clean work area
- Support all catering, room service, special party needs, marketing functions, etc.
- Take drink and food orders
- Sanitize, set and bus tables
- Maintain food inventories and perform food cost control measures
- Possess a working knowledge of individual assignments and resident dining needs
- Practice sanitation regulations and safety rules with regards to preparing, handling, labeling and storing food, and clean kitchen equipment
- Complete daily checklist of duties for kitchen and dining room
- Follow all policies for Dining Service Department
- Assist with Sales/Marketing procedures to develop and enhance satisfaction levels
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or GED preferred, but will consider work/life experiences.
- 2-4 Years of experience
- Exceptional knowledge of multiple cooking techniques including baking, sauté, fry, sauces, and cold food prep
- Possess string knife skills, able to follow a recipe and a solid knowledge of measurements
- Requires a firm understanding and ability to practice proper food handling techniques
- Current ServSafe Certification- or the ability to get one within the first 60 days
- Need to continuously stand and walk, reach, bend to the floor, and carry serving trays, dishes and food service items. Will also lift heavy pans, trash and various kitchen equipment
- Collaborative team player
- Strong customer service, and communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Possess an appreciation of seniors and an understanding of the aging process
- Basic mathematical skills
Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs, bend, maintain stationary position, move freely, operate equipment, ascend/descend freely, and position self to reach equipment above or below normal standing height.
Benefits & Compensation:
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, and employer paid basic life and AD&D insurance.