The Front Office Supervisor coordinates the front office activities of the hotel and provides support to the General Manager.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for completing required franchise and TMI standards training and staying current on all updates/changes to standards, policies, and processes.
* Directly supervises or assists in the supervisory function of 1-5 front desk employees in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Provides training to front office staff as directed by Management.
* Assigns duties to Guest Service Agents and observes performance to ensure adherence to franchise standards, hotel policies and established operating procedures.
* Assists in scheduling front desk personnel within budget guidelines to assure adequate staffing.
* Performs functions of Guest Service Agent as scheduled by Management.
* Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card payments, registration cards, and reservation cards.
* Corresponds with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates.
* Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed.
* Answers inquires pertaining to hotel policies and services.
* Performs functions of the General Manager in their absence.
* Assists General Manager in conducting staff meetings.
* Other duties as assigned.
RequirementsEDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
* One-year certificate from college or technical school and six months to one year related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
* Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
* Strong supervisory skills; ability to appropriately assign/delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals; provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems; appropriately assesses contributions and performance of employees; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
* Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
* Ability to manage difficult guest situations; responds promptly to guest needs, solicits guest feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
* Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
* Knowledge of safety management principles; federal and state OSHA regulations.
* Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
* The ability to foster commitment, team spirit and trust.