Grimaldi's Pizzeria is Hiring Hosts/Hostesses!
As a Grimaldis host, you are an extension of the Company. The goal of our employees is to create an extraordinary experience for all our guests, and hosts are a critical component of this process. You are the very first and very last impression of our guests dining experience and the control center to our daily services. You are responsible for coordinating the activities of the dining room which; in turn, result in the organization and ebb and flow of both the service and the kitchen. We consider ourselves lucky to have the ability to throw both a lunch and dinner party every day for our extended family, and you are the host. We want every guest to feel at home when in our restaurants and it all starts with you. Our hosts directly support our mission to run the best pizzeria in the world where family and friends gather for great food and good times.
Your Specific Responsibilities:
* Welcome and greet guests upon arrival with a genuine smile and an open door.
* Prepare the host station with the necessary tools to ensure an effective shift.
* Make all our guests feel welcome by holding genuine conversations to address guest needs and get to know our regular guests by name.
* Communicate with other hosts, managers and respective employees to ensure each guest is properly accommodated.
* When on a wait, record guests name and number of people in party, provide guests with an accurate estimated waiting time, and show them to their seats when a table becomes available.
* Coordinate rotation of servers and the flow of seating.
* Work with the management team to take, manage, and plan for reservations.
* Keep your work area and tools clean and sanitary.
* Answer the phone according to Grimaldis phone etiquette.
* Open the door for our guests as they leave, thanking them for joining us and inviting them to return.
* Adhere to the Company Steps of Service standards and company policies.
* A positive attitude and a genuine desire to exceed guests service expectations and provide a welcome environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work collectively with others to solve problems.
* Demonstrates excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
* The ability to work in a high-volume dining restaurant environment and stand for extended periods of time.
* Demonstrates the ability to handle criticism well and learn from mistakes during the training process.
* Is able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Experience working in a guest service industry is a plus.
Some of the Benefits:
* Competitive compensation.
* Food discount.
* Opportunities for advancement for both full and part-time positions.
* Comprehensive training program.
* Flexible work schedules.
* Ability to start or build a career, make friends, and join a great family.
What You Can Expect:
A full-service restaurant built on the 8 Slices of Culture, with a company committed to running the best pizzeria in the world where family and friends gather for great food and good times. Our culture is a driving force in how we operate, make decisions and interact with one another.
Our key ingredients consist of three simple things: People, Product and Service. By combining these 3 ingredients with Grimaldis 8 Slices of Culture, we run the best pizza restaurants in the world.
Quality People, Product, Service
Family -- Opportunity, Diversity, Trust
Teamwork -- Creativity, Passion, Success
Communication Listening, Understanding, Resolution
Energy Welcoming, Positive, Fun
Accountability Responsibility, Commitment, Focus
Hospitality Generosity, Smile, Yes
Integrity Respect, Honesty, Values
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.