Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark Healthcare has continued to grow and is searching for a Human Resource Representative for an acute care facility in Richmond, VA. As a HR Representative, you will act as a generalist supporting the Sr. Human Resource Manager, Location Managers and HR staff for both Aramark and the client. The HR Representative will function as a business partner and advocate by helping to identify & direct solutions to business needs while ensuring the efficient delivery of HR programs and services.
Position will manage the recruting, staffing, onboarding and hiring processes for multiple departments. You will schedule and conduct orienation and training. for new employees and coordinate with the Hospital Human Resources department for staffing, orientation and health and physical requirements. Utilizes the Applicant Tracking Software on a regular basis. Administers the human resource policies and procedures for an assigned unit or client account. Participates in generalist duties as needed. Administers two or more of the following areas for the component: wage and salary administration, recruitment, training, employee relations, EEO, affirmative action, benefits administration, and risk management.
* Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Is responsive to customer needs.
* Assists unit management in determining staffing needs. Recommends and implements recruiting, hiring and retention strategies for unit.
* Reviews resumes and screens appropriate applicants. Conducts screening interviews with job applicants to determine if they are suited for the position. When necessary oversees employment tests. Conducts reference checks on potential employees. Ensures new hire paperwork is processed.
* Counsels employees relative to transfers, promotions, terminations and various work items.
* Conducts exit interviews with employees.
* Ensures payroll is submitted to Payroll Department. Monitors employees time away from work (i.e., sick days, vacation days and paid time off). Monitors employee's hours worked. Ensures overtime is paid according to state and federal laws.
* Ensures unit complies with all federal, state and local laws concerning human resources (i.e., Federal and State Minimum Wage Laws, Affirmative Action, Immigration Reform Control Act, Equal Employment Opportunity Act etc.).
* In conjunction with regional human resource staff, may responds to charges of discrimination. Meets with the appropriate individuals in an effort to resolve the case under investigation. Attends all necessary hearings as a representative for the company.
* May work with benefits staff in administration of benefit plans and policies. Ensures Schedule Of Coverage (SOCs) is correct for the unit. May assist unit staff in resolving complex benefit problems.
* In conjunction with risk management staff, administers policies and procedures for a safe work place. Works with risk management staff in developing region specific programs. Ensures all accidents and injuries are reported to the appropriate parties.
* Maintains compliance with ARAMARK's standards of operation, client and within ARAMARK's Business Conduct Policy. Maintains all records and reports necessary to regulations and codes.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
* Position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or similar area of study.
* Human Resources experience in recruiting and staffing preferred.
* Prefers current hands-on experience with applicable Federal, State, and Local regulatory compliance and laws.
* Knowledge of icims or similar applicant tracking system preferred.
* Excellent communication skills required.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran