Posting Description: Supervises and oversees all food line Team Members on an assigned shift. Inspects and evaluates all prepared foods for portion and consistent quality. May train food service personnel and assist in food preparation as needed. May also be responsible for scheduling Team Members and participate in the preparation of all daily menu items. Description:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Safely prepare all food prep and food items in accordance with standard hotel recipes and specifications.
* Ensure good turnover of products by practicing proper rotation and maintaining
* Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answer questions and offer assistance to provide excellent guest service.
* Monitor (in the absence of the Saucier or Sous Chef) staff performance, product quality and production flow. Foster improvements where needed.
* Participate in the activities of cooks and other team members involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with hotel productivity standards, cost controls and special needs.
* Make constant contact with both internal and external customers to provide optimal guest service. This includes contact with various hotel departments in an effort to provide/obtain pertinent information needed to ensure proper guest service is provided.
* Analyze feedback from customers, make judgments and take action to implement suggestions for improvement. Maintain a productive working relationship with all customers.
* Must be able to work in a productive and cohesive team environment
* Must have the desire to be extremely organized and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
* Must have the ability to comprehend and follow supervisor's instructions.
* Ability to perform duties within multiple temperature ranges from hot to cold.
* Ability to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
* Ability to work with interruptions.
* Strong knowledge of food service industry, cuisines and beverages.
Grand Sierra Resort provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Grand Sierra Resort complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Grand Sierra Resort expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Grand Sierra Resort's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. SDL2017