Driven To Serve? and Ready to Succeed!
Working with Towne Park offers a variety of employment opportunities for your unique career plan! Whether you're a part-timer, careerist or adventurer, Towne Park gives you the tools to learn and grow. With business in 50+ national markets, there's no limit to where Towne Park might take you!
No matter what you're looking for, Towne Park provides a winning environment working alongside the brightest and friendliest colleagues around. Whether it's team events, giving back to the communities where we live and work, or celebrating a Towne Park win, you'll find a fun and welcoming work experience!
* Ability to diagnose customer needs and recommend appropriate product or services.
* Creates satisfied customers and takes action to ensure satisfaction (e.g. speed, quality, etc.)
* Greets customers with a friendly smile, communicates in a positive and professional way that makes them feel appreciated.
* Actively solicits feedback and considers multiple perspectives when presenting ideas, making decisions or taking action.
* Ability to build effective working relationships with peers, team and managers to accomplish store tasks and goals.
* Demonstrates sincere appreciation for others, and shows interest in what others have to say; actively listens and responds.
* Makes timely and effective decisions using a mixture of intuition, analysis, experience and judgment; demonstrates awareness of need, impact and potential risks.
* Works effectively with limited direction.
* Must possess optimism towards new programs and initiatives; genuinely looks for the positive value in change.
* Makes learning and personal development a priority.
* Understands personal strengths and opportunities and explores ways to improve on the job
* Knows and leverages available resources to improve personal and store performance (e.g. store cleanliness manual, posted communications etc.).
* Recognizes potential problems before they become larger issues; solves problems effectively and follows-up on results.
* Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
* Understands the importance of meeting store financial targets and individual impact on sales, revenue, cost/expenses; is fiscally responsible.
* Prepares and/or serves hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
* Routinely cleans and/or sanitizes work areas, utensils and equipment.
* Routinely removes and empties trash.
* Checks temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
* Restocks supplies when necessary and informs management when supplies are running low.
* Operates cash register.
Systems and Standards
* Maintains a clean, neat work environment.
* Completes all tasks in a timely manner as instructed by the Starbucks Account Manager, Assistant Manager.
* Cooperates with management and coworkers to ensure that services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
* Treats clients and associates with courtesy, respect and dignity.
Safety and Risk Management
* Understands and follows safety and security procedures.
* Practices preventative safety procedures as set forth by Towne Park.
* Reports all accidents and incidents immediately to the Account Manager or Assistant Manager.
* Uses only equipment trained to use and operates all equipment in a safe manner.
* Reports all potential high risk areas and safety concerns to the Account Manager or Assistant Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Must be able to read and write standard English language
* Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
* Must be able to write simple correspondence
* Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's; ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
* Ability to understand 24 hour and military time systems
* Ability to understand rates applicable to time passed
* Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage many projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Ability to read and understand policies, procedures, equipment manuals, training materials, and corporate communications.
* Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); OR one to three months related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have previous customer service and cash handling experience.
* For insurance purposes, must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background and drug screen.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
* Working extended hours may be required as needed. SDL2017