At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,400 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other-that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards .
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Associate Client Data Steward
The Client Data Steward team facilitates the systematic acquisition and return of client data - specifically, ensuring (1) transformation and integration of client data into high-quality client information assets and (2) client satisfaction and engagement throughout the client data implementation lifecycle. This is a client-facing role responsible for managing client data relationships and a portfolio of 10-15 education clients. The Associate position works in partnership with the support of experienced team members and clients to help gather data/information requirements and with the internal account teams to help define the standards and rules to ensure data is extracted, transferred and loaded into our systems for downstream marketing campaign execution, monitoring, analysis, reporting and decision-making. This is an entry-level position responsible for learning and performing client data account management duties.
This role is based in Richmond, VA.
- Acquire knowledge of the business, our clients and use of data to support the deployment of effective direct marketing campaigns that meet our higher education client goals
- Build relationships with our clients and understand their business objectives in order to help facilitate client data-related activities
- Support the establishment of requirements, specifications, standards, rules to acquire and transform client data into information assets for company and clients
- Work with experienced team members to acquire and standardize incoming client data while ensuring accuracy and integrity
- Keep clients and client teams informed about data discrepancies and assist in resolution
- Participate in external client interactions and internal client team interactions to build relationships and provide stellar customer service
- Ensure quality and consistency of work; take ownership of assigned data process from start to finish; meet deadlines
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned
- Undergraduate degree (Associate's or Bachelor's) or commensurate experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Access or Excel
- Passion to learn new things about the business, systems and data and apply learnings resourcefully
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with clients, client support and technical communities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with accelerating priorities
- Experience and/or exposure to account, client, project and/or data management
- Detail-oriented in establishing data requirements and reviewing files of various types (Access, Excel, fixed format, etc.) to ensure accuracy
- Client-focused and team player willing to assist others
- Proven work ethic and commitment to learning and growth
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to "make education smarter and our communities stronger" we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.