The Personal Care Assistant provides assistance with activities of daily living and certain ?hands on? care such as personal hygiene care, toileting and elimination of waste, assistance with reminders to take medications, transfers, and ambulation. The Personal Care Assistant also provides certain companion tasks such as: accompanying client to appointments, tasks related to the maintenance of a healthy and stable living environment for the client, personal laundry, light housekeeping, and other similar activities of daily living. ?The provision of ?hands on? care as described above is contingent upon licensing requirements within the state of practice.
- Assists patient with personal care activities including bathing, oral hygiene, preparation and feeding of meals, dressing and undressing, ambulation, and other activities as needed
- Performs duties as assigned in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains confidentiality of all clients? information according to HIPAA standards
- Safeguards the client/patient by observing appropriate infection control procedures including but not limited to universal precautions
- Notifies the office of any abnormal findings or conditions
- Adheres to the standards, policies, procedures of the Company
- Arrives at the Client?s home on time and leaves when shift schedule is complete
- Represents the Company with a positive image at all times
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in meeting the needs of all clients
- Effectively communicates with the office staff, including availability to work
- Adheres to time and attendance policies
- Provides requirements-related information (Annual PPD, In-services, etc.) in a timely fashion; follows all other compliance standards at all times
- Performs other Personal Care Assistant ?duties as assigned/necessary
- One (1) year of Personal Care Assistant experience within the last three (3) years providing ?hands-on? personal care preferred
- State Personal Care Assistant licensure or certification where required
- Ability to adhere to time and attendance policies
- Ability to carry out tasks in a professional manner and adhere to policies regarding professionalism and boundaries
- Must demonstrate a compassionate nature and possess strong people skills
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs?
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.?
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry. ?
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer