JOB SUMMARY Performs housekeeping and cleaning activities in assigned areas according to established standards. Supportive of the Village?s mission, values, and service/hospitality (PRIDE) expectations. Completes training hours as required by policy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Keeps premises of John Knox Village property clean and in orderly condition.
- Cleans and prepares rooms or living areas after resident dismissal, transfer or move-in, move-out.
- Washes beds and mattresses, replaces soiled linens and curtains or privacy cubicle drapes.
- Keeps bathrooms, utility and storage rooms in clean and orderly condition, taking inventory and replenishing supplies as needed; cleans and sanitizes equipment, furniture, and fixtures.
- Dusts furniture and equipment, polishes metal work, washes windows, washes door panels, washes windowsills, empties wastebaskets, and transports trash to proper bin or recycling area.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment, furniture, windows bathrooms and fixtures.
- Cleans and polishes light fixtures, kitchen appliances, and any area needing attention.
- Washes vents, cleaning with detailed accuracy using toothbrushes and razor blades.
- Mops and vacuums floors and carpet to maintain clean walking areas.
- Transports cleaning disinfectants, vacuums, mops, small equipment and tools.
- May be assigned to any area of the Village including but not limited to Village Care Center, Valley View, Memory Care, resident units, common areas, clubhouses, fee-for-service, administrative offices or any area on the grounds of John Knox Village campus.
- Maintains checklists of completed work and reports any necessary work orders to supervisor.
- Submits and follows-up on work orders on areas that need attention from Maintenance.
- May help serve meals in Main Dining Area if assigned to VCC Housekeeping.
- Village Housekeeping Associates travel to different job locations using a car.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and requirements.
- Handles stress well and gets along with others within the workplace and with customers outside the department.
- Maintains acceptable standards of workplace conduct.
The responsibilities described above represent the primary responsibilities of the job.? Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as warranted by business needs.? The incumbent is expected to perform all assigned responsibilities.
?ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS Education:?
- This position requires the level of education typically acquired by a course of study leading to a high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess valid driver?s license and proof of auto insurance. Class E or equivalent is required for associates assigned to drive JKV vehicle.?
- Village Housekeeping (non-VCC) will use personal vehicle to travel around John Knox Village campus.
- No licenses/certifications required of VCC Housekeeping.
Knowledge and Skills (required unless otherwise noted):
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, handbooks and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate using simple sentences, paragraphs and correspondence.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
special WORKING conditions
- The associate is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions; walking surfaces may be slick from moisture.
- The associate may assist with cleaning homes for move ins/move outs, which may involve removing windows for cleaning.? With heavier windows, associates are encouraged to seek assistance.
- The associate is subject to noise and vibrations and atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- The associate occasionally is required to function in close quarters, crawl spaces, small enclosed rooms, narrow aisles or passageways, and other areas which could cause claustrophobia.
- The associate may be exposed to infectious diseases.
- The associate is required to function around individuals with challenged mental capacities.
- The associate may be asked to carry a pager.
- All associates may be called upon to assist other departments in a declared emergency situation
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional maximum lift of 40 lbs; Frequent maximum lift of 20 lbs; Occasional maximum carry of 40 lbs 100 feet; Frequent maximum carry of
Frequent supervision from Manager Village Housekeeping or Housekeeping Coordinator.
Gives no supervision.
Post-Offer Background Check and Drug Screen Required
Questions can be directed to [Click Here to Email Your Resum?] #CB