Events Manager and Operational Specialist with extensive project management experience in fast-paced, high pressure corporate and not-for-profit team environments. Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills, particularly in situations that require independent judgment in complex situations. Superior attention to detail and demonstrated ability to prioritize duties and meet deadlines while providing exceptional customer service. Strategic and creative negotiator with focus on process improvement.
I am seeking either a full-time, part-time or contract position focusing in the hospitality, hotel or events management industry.
Program and Events Manager
Jul 2006 - Mar 2018
UC Berkeley Executive Education
Directs the design and delivery of complex custom client and open enrollment executive education programs from the design stage to completion, including cultivation and strengthening of client relationships. Enhances revenue through management of in-bound and out-bound sales through creation of learning communities using LinkedIn and other social media.
- Arranges domestic and international travel for staff and university faculty, develops and monitors event budgets, providing financial oversight to help leadership assess profitability of custom educational programs.
- Provides critical support to internal staff for testing, installing, and training on course registration software. Developed expert knowledge of client CRM system and member of Salesforce system implementation team.
- Collaborates with marketing and business development teams to assess and recommend improvements in content and delivery of high-touch educational programs and services. Program Lead for the organization’s flagship course, The Berkeley Executive Leadership Program for eight successive years.
Mar 2017 - Sep 2017
California Water Environment Association
As a member of the education team, I provided Administrative and logistical support to the Director of Education, senior meeting planner and the membership services unit.
- Provided exhibitor and trade show management support in preparation for 2018 annual conference and other events. Tasks included updating floor plans, assigning exhibit space, communicating with exhibitors, and coordinating with the event services team on-site.
- Tester for new event management software prior to integration into automated registration system.
- Planned and coordinated registration, catering, travel arrangements, and entertainment activities for annual 4-day conference (1,400 attendees) including golf tournament and president’s reception.
Nov 2005 - Jun 2006
- Collaborated with local chapter president and volunteers to plan and manage Hadassah’s fundraising activities.
- Standardized office processes through creation of office procedure manual. Supervised administrative staff to ensure accuracy of all print and e-mail correspondence.
- Supported the development of the annual budget plan, management of financial records and chapter events.
Conference Center Director
Aug 2004 - Nov 2005
Doubletree Hotel and Executive Conference Center
- Coordinated meetings and weddings for both hotel and conference center facilities.
- Mentored a team of three conference planners and social events managers, managing a $3 million annual budget.
- Prepared weekly sales forecasts, tracking revenue and department booking goals. Created post-event reports and analysis in support of the marketing plan.
Director of Catering
Aug 2003 - Aug 2004
- Trained and mentored a team of six catering and convention services planners in the effective use of space and property management system.
- Increased catering sales by 20% through effective marketing.
Jun 2002 - Mar 2003
Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- Implemented marketing plan to exceed budgeted catering revenues of $6 million while coaching a catering team of three managers.
- Developed service and selling standard manual, standardizing customer service throughout all event phases.
Director of Catering Sales
Jan 2000 - Jun 2002
Hilton Universal City
- Coordinated booking activities to achieve budgeted revenues by training a catering sales staff of five managers through effective revenue space management and the cultivation of mid-week social event business.
- Developed meeting package for executive level meetings and social events.
Food Service and Hotel Management, B.Sc.
Johnson & Wales University