Responsible for providing the finest personal and professional meal service to all members and guests, maintaining a positive attitude with a commitment to courtesy, respect, and proper etiquette.
What You'll Do
- Greet members as they are seated in the dining room
- Present menu, answer questions,and make suggestions regarding food and service. Demonstrate working knowledge of menu selections, including specials
- Prepare dining room for shirt, such as table setting, making coffee, etc
- Accurately take member orders; efficiently operate point of sale (POS) system
- Serve members using proper serving guideline
- Observe diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed
- Clean, stock, and maintain workstation throughout shift
- Provide timely communication with bus staff regarding guest needs
- Garnish and decorate dishes prior to serving within Chef's guidelines
- Re-stock service ware for meal shift
- Notify Restaurant Manager of food or service related member concerns, and work with him/her to resolve issues
- Present bill and accepts payment
- Ensure guest satisfaction of dining experience
- Reconcile tickets with end-of-shift summary
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Communicate effectively and in cooperation with kitchen staff
- Perform additional responsibilities, such as room service or catering duties, as requested by a manager at any time
Keys to Success
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associated with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances
- In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meets and strive to exceed restaurant standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality, and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in restaurant procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something
This is a high visibility position that interacts daily with members. Part of your job performance requires that you maintain a positive attitude and make a real commitment to competence, job knowledge, pride, professional appearance, courtesy, and excellence in member service. You are expected to address issues with an attitude of cooperation and to resolve problems professionally.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED; or six months of related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- English language and professional communication skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members, and other employees of the organization.
- Basic math skills and problem solving abilities
- Valid Washington State Food & Beverage Permit and Class 12 or Class 13 MAST Permit
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and frequently life and move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/6e8B4zsOYZlmIPRRhord6