NEW HOTEL – Courtyard by Marriott, Mason, Ohio
We are currently searching for a Front Desk Guest Service Representative to join our team at the new Courtyard by Marriott, Mason, Ohio. This is a new and trendy 97 room hotel located on Socialville Foster Road, Mason, Ohio. This position offers a unique opportunity for the right candidates who is seeking to excel at outstanding customer service and to be a part of a friendly work environment. The right candidates must possess a friendly, courteous demeanor to all guests and fellow team members. Strive to deliver a “wow” factor of hospitality to all guests. Candidates must be able to work some weekends, holidays, multi-task and deal with a fast paced environment. Prior hotel experience would be preferred, if none, we will provide training for the right candidates.
Responsible for greeting and welcoming guests to the hotel. Completes check-in and/or check-out of the guests stay. Accommodates special requests, follow thru with established check-in/out procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet customers promptly with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as hotel amenities and local attractions.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers and other forms of payment. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Complete registration process by inputting and retrieving information from the computer system, confirming information including number of guests and room rate. Promote all marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and area’s attractions.
- Promptly answer the telephone using a clear speaking voice. Answer telephone with the hotel’s scripted greeting. Input messages into the computer and retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested. Ensure all guest correspondences are kept confidential.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and inquire guest of satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, contact management immediately.
- Resolve issues such as location changes, providing additional room amenities and credit issues.
- Record guest comments or complaints by listening and offering assistance in order to resolve any problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating/cooling, etc.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Marriott employee Explore discount program at 7,000 hotels worldwide.
- Free Starbucks during your shift
- No Uniform Fees
- PTO for full-time employees after one year
- Work in a fun environment at one of the nicest hotels in Mason!
Interested in joining our team? Apply now to secure an interview spot.
This hotel operates seven (7) days a week, twenty- four (24) hours per day. All employees both management and hourly must realize this fact and be willing to hold a flexible schedule that includes: nights, weekends and holidays.