We are recruiting for a Senior Budgeting and Financial Reporting Analyst in our Headquarters office located in downtown Silver Spring, MD. The Senior Budgeting and Financial Reporting Analyst will work collaboratively with other members of the finance team and have primary responsibility for coordination and control of the annual three year budgeting process and reforecasting of current and future year results, creation of metrics and data analysis to be tracked and reported on regularly, selection and implementation of new budget software that provides for integration with business intelligence tools/software, quarterly and annual external lender reporting and compliance, coordination with Controller and external auditors on year end audits.
HI USA offers a benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, paid vacation and sick, floating holidays and 403b matching. New hire waiting periods apply. COVID19 considerations: HI USA will require a COVID19 vaccination for all new hires. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
- Manage annual budget process - coordinate with all departments, hostel GMs etc. Upload budgets into Dynamics GL.
- Forecasting and analysis of results throughout the fiscal year.
- Preparation and delivery of external quarterly reporting to all lenders.
- Prepare all 990 tax return data worksheets and coordinate filing of returns with external tax accounting firm, monitor filing deadlines, extensions, etc.
- Review and analyze all central office department financial statements monthly, provide variance explanations for large variances, reclass expenses where needed, and post to SharePoint site for department manager review.
- Prepare month-end consolidated financial statements with variance analysis.
- Prepare quarterly statement of cash flow.
- Prepare all AYH (non-hostel) balance sheet reconciliation.
- Assist with hostel bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist Controller and Accounting Manager with annual AYH consolidated audit preparation.
- Primary responsibility for management of AFR and AYH Chicago year-end audits.
- Support annual audit - managed jointly by Controller and Accounting Manager with all accounting staff involved.
- Ad hoc projects as requested.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, CPA or MBA preferred.
- A minimum of five (5+) years of related financial management/budget execution, planning monitoring, and reporting experience required
- Advanced excel skills required, with proven ability to work with and manipulate complex excel spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) accounting software and Management Reporter for financial report creation preferred.
- Prior experience with process design, documentation, and implementation preferred.
- Work experience in a multi-unit, geographically diverse organization preferred, hospitality industry experience a plus.