What attracts the best people to work? The same qualities that attract the best customers. The Indigo Road Hospitality Group (IRHG) engages in Enlightened Hospitality which begins with how we treat our teammates. This determines how they treat the guests who visit our hotels and restaurants. This approach produces a team that cares about our guests, our stakeholders, and the physical assets under our care. However talented and committed the team may be, it must be it must be led by dedicated, experienced professionals with the skills to teach and lead other team members.
The Skyline Lodge in Highlands, NC is seeking a motivated, and energetic individual to be a part of our Housekeeping Team. This individual will ensure the cleanliness of the Lodge guest rooms and public areas in line with IRHG standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Clean and service hallways, public areas and acts as room attendant as needed.
- Strip guest rooms, prep for room attendant, remove trash and service glassware.
- Completes all tasks as assigned for the day to the standards of Skyline Lodge and our guests.
- Cover Room Attendant, Houseperson and Public Area assignments as assigned; cleaning public bathrooms, stocking carts, cleaning glassware, stripping rooms, and overall cleanliness of Lodge.
- Visually inspect public areas and overall Lodge for cleanliness and appearance; clean as assigned.
- Keep housekeeping cart orderly and stocked throughout the day, maintaining a clean work environment.
- Ensure all trash is removed and properly disposed of.
- Stock, and put away deliveries in their designated closets.
- Promptly deliver guest requested items.
- Service guest room glassware but removing dirty, replenishing with clean.
- Ensure housekeeping areas, public areas and cart are restocked for the next shift.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all guest requests; Practice chemical safety rules and follows procedures for needles and other hazardous materials.
- Report all suspicious persons, activities or hazardous conditions to the manager.
- Follow Lost and Found protocols.
- Maintain high standards of guest relations when in contact with the guest.
- Perform or assist with cleaning duties and proactively assists others when own tasks are completed.
OTHER DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions.
- Strive to maintain personal, staff and guest safety.
- Participates in activities and meetings.
- Completes all assigned tasks for the day, assists others when completed.
- Ability to cross train with the Front Office to assist with necessary tasks.
- Hours Required: Thirty to Forty hours over a five-day period; flexible; days and times may vary based on needs of Hotel. Hours based on business volume and needs, most weekends required. Coverage includes possible overnights.
- All other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS Abilities Prior cleaning experience is preferred.
- Good communication and multitasking skills.
- Ability to assist in all housekeeping roles.
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgement and effectively solve problems.
- Organization, multitasking and project skills.
- Team player
- Knowledge of cleanliness standards.
- Must have mobility to walk through the front and back of the hotel, up and down stairs.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish highly desirable
Education/Formal Training High school diploma (or GED). Additional education, training, or certification preferred.
Experience One year of employment in similar position or equivalent.
Material/Equipment Used Housekeeping & Laundry Equipment, Basic Tools used for Maintenance
Physical Environment Inside 80% of the time.
The Houseperson must embrace the IRHG Core Values:
- Work Collaboratively
- Act with Integrity
- Show Compassion & Empathy
- Embrace Positivity
- Practice Humility and Transparency
- Enrich your Community
- Leave a lasting Impression
- Have Fun at Work
Also cultivate and build the IRHG Hotel Management Pillars of Experiential Hospitality for the team
- Ability to work an average of 35 hours a week
- Ability to stand and walk 90% of the time
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 40 lbs
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral and written communication
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word in English