Hyatt House Hyatt Place Tampa is seeking a creative Catering Sales Manager!
The Catering Sales Manager has the responsibility for the sales efforts and execution of meeting and event space held in the hotel.
The Catering Sales Manager will assist the sales team in meeting or exceeding the hotel’s budgeted financial targets. The Catering Sales Manager is also responsible for meeting assigned monthly sales goals.
• College degree or High School Diploma with related experience.
• Previous hotel catering sales experience.
Skills and Knowledge
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Must be able to read, write, an understand English.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including leading and participating in formal presentations.
• Strong negotiation skills as well as the ability to cultivate leads, build relations, and close the deal.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong computer skills. Microsoft Office, Delphi, other programs as it pertains to this position.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Strong desire to deliver high quality of customer service.
• Detail oriented and organized as it pertains to accuracy and efficiency.
• Good personnel and management and organizational skills.
• Knowledge in catering food and beverage service
• Knowledge in event set ups and audio-visual equipment
• Experience in coordinating weddings and social events is preferred
• Assist sales team in achieving and exceeding budgeted goals in food, beverage and room rental revenue, profit and occupancy for the total hotel.
• Effectively communicate with Director of Revenue and/or Director of Sales to review opportunities that impact revenue goals.
• Conduct weekly sales calls to existing and new accounts, as well as uncover new business in assigned market segment(s).
• Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new accounts to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, trade shows, etc.
• Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition reader boards to develop leads.
• Generate leads and new business through internet searches, telephone and email solicitations, mailings, referrals, networking, trade shows, professional and community organizations, sales, blitzes, etc.
• Arrange site inspections of the hotel for new accounts.
• Maintain accurate sales records in the hotel sales system to provide complete history, ensure future and current quality of service and enhance future prospects.
• Respond to all sales inquiries within 24 business hours.
• Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Responsible for negotiating catering sales contracts and the implementation and set up as required.
• Actively and creatively up-sell each catering event to maximize revenue.
• Analyze historical, current and future hotel/market trends and develop strategies to maximize function space occupancy through creative and selective selling.
• Assist in the development of the annual budget and quarterly owner reviews.
• Participate in management meetings to discuss budget and forecast.
• Partner with operations team to coordinate customer specifications, effectively respond to customer issues and comments to ensure customer satisfaction.
• In partnership with the General Manager and Food and Beverage Team, create and enhance menus for clients as needed.
• Review all banquet event orders and the daily/weekly reports to ensure accuracy.
• Assists the client in menu planning; coordinates food, beverage, meeting room set-up, decorations and other services as requested by the client; assures that all requirements are communicated and completed to the client’s specifications.
• Liaison between the Banquet staff and GM to ensure timely communication of client needs.
• Supervise execution of banquet events which may include working on the weekends, evenings or holidays.
• Participate in hotel weekly staff meeting, if applicable.
• Other duties as assigned.