Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Dallas is looking for an experienced, goal-setting hotel sales professional to join our team! If you know how to manage accounts and understand catering this is the role for you!
A Sales Manager is responsible for representing the hotel's services and facilities to prospective clients and customers in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
- Conduct weekly sales calls to existing accounts as well as uncover new business in all market segments.
- Travel to conduct outside sales calls and promote the company/hotel.
- Set up outside sales appointments, site inspections, sales blitz’s, and other means of securing business.
- Generate leads through various methods and solicit new business from existing customer base. Document all activity in Delphi FDC.
- Develop marketing strategies by analyzing historical, current, and future hotel/market trends and create selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue.
- Participate in management meetings to discuss budget forecast and rate. Assist in the development of the annual budget.
- Partner with operations departments to ensure full participation in servicing accounts and ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Sign room block and catering contract up to specified company limit.
- Responsible for obtaining all detailed information for BEO’s and resumes.
- Responsible for negotiating contracts and the implementation and set ups as required
- Maintain accurate & detailed sales records, database, and reports to provide history, ensure future & current quality of service and to enhance prospects in Delphi FDC. Ensure all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closings are captured.
- Attend all mandatory department and hotel meetings.
- Complete all required HRI/Brand training within the time frame allotted.
- Watch for safety hazards and report them immediately to your supervisor/manager.
- Act in accordance with fire, health, and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures as required.
- Support environmental commitments by acquiring the knowledge, skills, and values to be a leader in the global goal of “greening” the hospitality industry.
- Participate in the “Manager on Duty” program.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years sales experience in a hotel/resort required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including leading and participating in formal presentations.
- Ability to be innovative and use creative thinking to problem solve.
- Effective negotiation skills as well as the ability to cultivate leads, build relationships, and close the deal.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented, with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Delphi FDC experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidential information.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate high energy, and strong enthusiasm for high quality of customer service
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and communicate effectively in the event of any delays.
- Ability to implement trace systems to track projects/work.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to travel out of town.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance & grooming and regular attendance in compliance with company standards.
HRI is an EOE M/F/D/V