The Quality Control Lead supervises and coordinates supplies, equipment, and the activities of workers engaged in cleaning and maintaining premises of commercial, industrial, or other establishments. May be called upon to perform duties of workers supervised or to be on-call on a rotating basis, for weekend and late night emergency duty.
• Supports all customer and regulatory audits.
• Works side-by-side with Operation Managers to assure compliance to HACCP requirements are met.
• Works as part of the corrective action team to address non-conformities related to product, process and service.
• Executes monthly self assessments on the elements of food safety.
• Executes the required food safety related testing as defined in HACCP plan.
• Plans for quality (capital, supplier quality, plant quality).
• Manages Quality Engineering projects, including operative supportive functions
Leads and monitors improvement projects as assigned.
Audits implementation of quality system for effectiveness by verifying activities.
Monitors corrective action system.
Monitors the accuracy and compliance of HACCP records as defined in the corporate procedures.
Reinforces quality awareness to the management.
Manages the daily activities and task of the sanitation porters (if defined as a responsibility).
Manages continuous improvement projects in quality elements.
Plays a key role in developing a comprehensive quality management system.
Implements the quality system detailed in the quality manual.
Champions quality improvement efforts and initiates problem solving efforts and assures implementation.
Drives prevention vs. detection of defects tracking key performance indicators and daily patrol of production areas.
Coordinates actions to prevent the occurrences of nonconformities to internal, Federal and State laws.
Maintains customer compliance resolution on defects including alleged food poisoning if needed.
Responsible for the identifying and maintaining of key performance metrics for the Quality organization.
Continuously improves plant procedures for monitoring and ensuring conformance to specifications for incoming raw materials as well as for finished products.
Plays a key role in training and coaching of quality requirements to all levels in the business unit's organization.
Ensures optimum business processes to support full customer and regulatory compliance in terms of quality and food safety.
Stays attuned to and prepares adaptation to changes in customer, company and regulatory changes in requirements.
At times liaises with customers and regulatory agencies.
• Advanced technical knowledge in catering processes and design functions, manufacturing methods, inspection, statistical methods and quality auditing
• Detail oriented
• Strong organizational skills, able to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task
• Strong interpersonal skills, interact well with multiple departments as required
• Able to work with little supervision
• Excellent reading, writing, and oral communication skills
• Change Agent