ALX is a contemporary New American restaurant located in San Francisco's SoMa neighborhood that exists to celebrate the American culinary experience through food, drink & hospitality. The menu features locally sourced seasonal ingredients, and dishes are created as expressions of the diverse cultural influences that make up our stories. Chef Jessie Lugo has sourced Domestic Wagyu beef from across the US, the famous Japanese cow known for its incredible marbling. The bar and lounge offer a lively space to enjoy thoughtfully crafted bites and hyper-seasonal cocktails, while larger parties can enjoy all these benefits in ALX's spacious private dining rooms.
What We Are Looking For:
We are seeking passionate and self-motivated culinary professionals to join our close-knit team at ALX. We are looking to fill positions for AM and PM line cooks. Candidates are preferred to have professional kitchen experience. Take your restaurant career to the next level and become part of what we are creating. You'll work in a kitchen with a passionate culinary team and have the opportunity to learn a wide range of cooking techniques.
We are looking for an essential addition to our kitchen team to lead the kitchen and food production. Our ideal candidate is passionate about food and cooking, supports local food business and farms, and believes in giving guests the best food and service experiences possible. All candidates must have a passion for excellence and be excited to work alongside Executive Chef Jessie Lugo in furthering the vision of ALX.
We believe in team work and you should as well. Experienced cooks are welcome, but we are willing to move cooks around to better them and make room for new less experienced cooks. We are a product driven scratch kitchen that believes in doing things the right way, and training our staff. If you are looking for a restaurant where you can learn and work with great ingredients, this job is perfect for you!
• Making sure the station you are scheduled for is stocked and set up before service.
• Making staff meal when asked to.
• Demonstrate teamwork and contribute to team environment.
• Following and writing a prep list that accurately plans for the day's service along with properly scheduling prep to ensure accurate food production throughout the week, thinking ahead.
• Cooking and preparing all menu items in accordance with standards set by the Chefs.
• Maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment.
• Can work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
• Has reliable transportation to work
• Ability to do continuous standing, bending, reaching, twisting and use of hands and arms for long periods of time
• Able to meet all scheduling commitments
• Strong communication skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail and high standards for food quality.
• Be able to work independently and with a team.
• Must possess a strong willingness to learn with a positive attitude.
• Works quickly, cleanly and efficiently in fast-paced and exciting environment when necessary.
• Self-motivation and dedication to quality and professionalism.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work in a confined area with elevated temperatures.
• Able to commit to at least 12 months of full-time or part-time employment.
• Cooking experience or back of the house experience preferred.
Compensation: $15-$19 per hour, depending on experience.
Benefits: • Medical, dental, vision and accident insurance.
• Dining discount of 25%.
• Free house meals and beverages.
• Career development and training opportunities.
• Flexible scheduling - full and part time.
ALX embodies the essence of a traditional San Francisco chop house with post-modern culinary creativity and locally sourced ingredients.
ALX by Alexander's Steakhouse is a welcome addition to the San Francisco culinary scene. ALX embodies the essence of a traditional San Francisco chop house with post-modern culinary creativity and locally sourced ingredients.