Who We Are Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Food Prep Job Description
Under the direction of supervisor, prepares food required for foodservice operation and restaurant in accordance with Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Retrieves from storage areas all items necessary for preparation.
- Prepares specific food items and stations; sets up for anticipated business.
- Prepares food products according to Company standards and specifications
- Maintains food, utensils and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Maintains kitchen with minimal spillage and breakage.
- Labels, dates and wraps food product, adhering to ServSafe procedures
- Follows all safety, security and kitchen procedures
- Communicates with chef for any special instructions/training
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assists with set up and break down of banquets
- Assists with plating and running food for functions
- Assists dishwashers when needed
- Assists receiving clerk when needed
Education & Experience:
- Prior food preparation experience preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets
- Ability to use kitchen tools safely (knives and small equipment ware)
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to adhere to Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Frequent standing and/or walking for entire length of shift
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending and squatting
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be moderate to high
- Exposed to variable temperatures, depending on the season; may work frequently in a hot and/or damp environment
- May be required to work in confined space
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants and airports. With approximately $3 billion in annual revenue, the company's 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality and food service, at .