Under the direction of the Director of Childcare, the Assistant Childcare Director, the Summer Camp Director is responsible for all Summer Camp operations to ensure the delivery of professional, high-quality, and safe Camp programs to our membership while always exceeding members' expectations.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Responsible to manage Summer Camp operations smoothly and efficiently through visible management presence and leadership
• Ensure children's safety through continuous monitoring of safety and performance standards, Camp facilities, equipment and operational systems; ensure constant interaction with children in our care
• Responsibility for Summer Camp operations including customer service, communication, marketing, program planning and revenue tracking
• Manage the financial performance of the Camp through achievement of revenue targets, expense management, proper planning and forecasting, and retention
• Adherence to and enforcement of all health and safety standards; ensure Associates adhere to human resource and work safety practices
• Monitor uniform adherence of all Camp staff
• Communicate timely and follow up as appropriate
• Represent the Summer Camp and club in a professional manner through image, dress, communication, and immediate follow-through and response
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Minimum three (3) years of childcare operations/management/supervisory experience
• Demonstrated experience creating and implementing innovative children's programs or Camps
• Love for children and extensive experience caring for children ages 3 to 13 years
• Ability to train and supervise staff caring for campers ages 3+ years
• Professional, friendly manner and excellent customer service attitude and abilities
• Strong verbal communication and conflict resolution skills
• Enthusiastic, responsible, and dependable team player
• Self-motivated, takes initiative and willing to acquire new skills
• Well organized and detail oriented
• Computer literate
• CPR certification required
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
• Must be flexible, adaptable, and readily able to adjust to changes in work environment.
• Position requires daily public contact.
• It is sometimes necessary to deal with unpleasant or angry people with the need to problem solve difficult situations.
• It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment.
• Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Frequently required to climb or balance and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility
• Must occasionally talk and hear
• Must frequently move 10 pounds and in the event of an emergency lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required but this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVISION
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous descriptions for this position.