We are looking for leaders with an earnest desire to share coffee, pastries, and delightful experiences with all those in search of deliciousness! Our Cafe Leaders will be responsible for the overall success of our cafes. Responsibilities include hiring, training and developing all baristas and team members for his/her respective location, ensuring all our guests at the cafe experience exceptional hospitality, and leading the cafe to be successful against our financial and operational goals.You will:
- Build, develop, inspire, and retain an incredible team, regularly giving and receiving positive and constructive feedback and coaching your baristas to develop and be their best
- Ensure every guest at your cafe has a wonderfully hospitable experience, and continually find ways to coach your team to go above and beyond in exceeding guest expectations
- Drive strong and ever improving financial performance of your cafe, finding ways to expand the reach of your cafe and be as efficient as possible in doing it
- Collaborate with other teams at Blue Bottle and your Area Leader to creatively engage your community, deepening relationships with regular guests and welcoming newcomers
- Ensure we always meet our high standards of quality and deliciousness for every drink and food item served in your cafe, through regular tasting and help from other Blue Bottle teams
- Work on bar and on the floor, not only to help the team in busy moments but to stay constantly connected to the heart of our work and find ways to continually improve it
- Create and maintain a thoughtful work schedule for your team which balances individual, team and cafe needs while meeting our business goals for efficiency
- Oversee all ordering including coffee, milk, pastries, inventory, etc. ensuring that we are always able to meet the requests of our guests while never wasting anything
- Manage day-to-day financial operations of the cafe smoothly, including banking, payroll, etc.
- A strong and dedicated people leader, who both supports and challenges your people to be their absolute best. You have a record of grooming others to step up and lead
- A business leader who understands how to drive your cafe to financial success through operational excellence, creative initiatives, and building an amazing team
- Obsessed with hospitality and experiences - anticipating the needs of others, deeply empathetic, and filled with a spirit of gratitude to both guests and your own team members
- Energized by ambitious and challenging goals - you dont just meet them but surpass them
- Never satisfied with the status quo and always looking to improve you and your teams results and impact through looking critically at whats in front of you and trying new things
- Able to balance both the big picture and the nitty-gritty in shaping and leading the strategy for your cafe but also driving excellent day-to-day operations at the smallest level of detail
- Articulate and effective in your written and verbal communications to people at all levels of the company - you get to the point but do it with confidence, humor and grace
- An enthusiastic collaborator who loves drawing upon and learning from the input of other Cafe Leaders and Blue Bottle teams, and being part of something bigger than themselves
- Flexible and creative in problem solving - you roll with the punches and have fun doing it
- 2+ years of retail/hospitality experience with a strong preference for coffee, food & beverage
- 2+ years of retail management experience leading a team of 10+ people
- A strong understanding of a profit and loss statement, and knowledge of how to impact it
- Comfort using computer programs, especially Google Drive tools (Sheets, Docs, Calendar)
- A love and respect of delicious coffee, food and amazing guest experiences
A few benefits we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for all full time employees and their dependents starting on their first day of work
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off and parental leave
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on Blue Bottle food, merchandise, and other items such as additional bags of beans
Blue Bottle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on these qualities, a jobs requirements, our businesss needs, and an applicants qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kindin the hiring process or in the workplace.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
We may refuse to hire relatives of present employees if doing so could result in actual or potential problems in supervision, security, safety, or morale, or if doing so could create conflicts of interest.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We participate in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with employees Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the U.S. We will only use E-Verify once an employee has accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.