Rockwood Retirement Communities is looking for a friendly, cheerful, experienced individual to join our team as a Dining Room or as a Health Center Server in our South Hill & Whitworth campus! This individual will provide great customer service to residents, families, and team members.
- Mon & Tues (6:00 am to 2:00 pm)
- Deliver food to healthcare units
- Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
- Serve meal orders.
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as water, coffee or teas.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment.
- Clean service or seating areas.
- Order, receive, or stock supplies.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 6 months - 1 year of wait staff experience
- Excellent customer service
- Current Washington State Food Handlers permit
- Experience with POS computer systems a plus
- Senior Housing/Healthcare experience a plus
All employees regularly scheduled to work at least 30 hours a week and completed our waiting period are eligible for the following benefits:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - includes 3 face-to-face counseling visits
- Paid Sick Leave
- 403(B) with match and no waiting period to begin deferrals
Additional perks include:
- Free soup and discounted meal prices
- Food Pantry, Free/Discreet
- Employee Financial Assistance Fund (Rockwood Residents' Foundation Benefits)
- Continuing Education Scholarships (Rockwood Residents' Foundation Benefits)
- Paid Job Shadowing opportunities
- Sponsorship opportunities for Nursing Assistant Certification
- Employee Bus Pass Program – Deep discount
- Free Fitness Center access for employees and a guest on campus
- Employee Health and Wellness Program [participation results in discounted monthly insurance premiums]
- Payroll deductions for coffee and meals at our restaurants
- Ability to purchase discounted Premiere Movie Passes
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Years of Service Celebrations and Awards
- Encourage and support promotions from within
Environment: Fair, fun, kind, caring, safe, diverse, family-like atmosphere