Rockwood Retirement Communities (South Hill campus) is seeking a skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our Maintenance Department. The successful candidate will have knowledge of industrial equipment, be able to demonstrate high-level problem-solving skills and be able to service, troubleshoot, and repair equipment without causing extended equipment downtime.
- Swing Shift: Thurs/Friday - 11:00pm-7:00am & Sat/Sun/Mon - 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Operate and maintain boilers, furnaces, air conditioners, compressors, generators, and all auxiliary equipment in the buildings and houses.
- Install, check, maintain and repair electrical, plumbing, appliances, pneumatics, HVAC systems in the building and houses.
- Act as security at times.
- React appropriately to emergency situations – fire, weather storms, bomb threats, power outages, etc.
- Complete incoming work orders as assigned.
- Perform work and chemical tests on the pool and spa.
- Troubleshoot various problems on equipment.
- Must be able to operate or learn to operate all equipment associated with the job duties proficiently.
- Able to multi-task and pivot priorities at a moment's notice.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Be adaptable and ready to face unexpected challenges.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree/Certificate from a technical school; or minimum 6 months related experience or training.
- Have current and valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Have or obtain a “Low-Pressure Boiler Operator License” within your first 3 months of employment.
- Have or obtain a Heating Mechanics I License within the first 6 months of employment.
All employees regularly scheduled to work at least 30 hours a week and have completed our waiting period of employment are eligible for the following benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision & Truhear Insurance
- Wellworks Wellness Program [participation results in discounted monthly insurance premiums]
- Vacation available after 90 days of full-time service
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 403(B) with match and no waiting period to begin deferrals
- 6 Paid Holidays and 2 Personal Holidays Per Calendar Year
- Holiday Pay
- Group Life Term Insurance and AD&D (Employee, spouse, and child(ren) -No cost to full-time team members)
- Voluntary Life Insurance and AD&D
- Identity Theft Protection Assistance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Critical Accident Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Jury Duty, Bereavement Leave, Pet Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave, and Military Leave
- Years of Service celebration and bonus
- Rockwood Retirement Residents' Foundation Funds for employees (e.g., Employee Financial Assistance Fund, Employee Tuition Assistance, Employee Scholarship Fund)
Additional perks include
- Free soup and discounted meal prices [Coffee shop on-site!]
- Food Pantry - free to all team members in need
- Employee Bus Pass Program – Deep discount
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Free Notary Service
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Free access to our fitness facilities and a Plus One Program
- Spokane Fitness Center membership – Deep discount
- Free parking
- Holiday celebrations
- Employee Appreciation Events/Gifts
- Employee Appreciation Award Cards
- Employee Newsletter with monthly game/prize
- Listening sessions to encourage and celebrate new ideas
- Employee Referral Programs
- Free Flu Shot
- Free Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Encourage promotion from within
Environment: Fair, fun, kind, caring, safe, diverse, family-like atmosphere