Our Exciting Work Environment
The Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center in Midtown is the NYC insiders' destination for the finest seafood in the city at one of the world's most iconic landmark locations. The spacious and elegant interior of The Sea Grill, designed by world-famous restaurant designer Adam Tihany, offers Midtown diners impressive year-round views overlooking The Rink at Rockefeller Center in winter and our lush, flowering Summer Garden in the warmer months. For nearly thirty years, The Sea Grill has thrilled its loyal guests daily with impeccable service and the highest quality, freshest seafood prepared in impeccable style just steps from Times Square.
Our raw bar and sushi selection is renowned as a Midtown favorite, and offered at lunch and dinner. Monday through Saturday, the bar turns into a Sushi and Sake Lounge with expanded menu offerings from classic to highly innovative sushi and sashimi. Thirty years after opening, The Sea Grill enjoys its well-deserved reputation as a treasured elegant experience where sophisticated, classic and modern dining and service thrive thanks to our talented restaurant team of culinary and hospitality professionals who embody this world-class cultural dining experience. Patina Restaurant Group is seeking similarly passionate individuals to share in this vocation with us. We are dedicated to facilitating growth and development of our employees' careers in all fields.
An immediate opportunity exists for an innovative culinary professional with the ability to that create an experience of inspiring and cutting edge culinary of utmost quality and consumer appeal. Patina Restaurant Group is looking for an Executive Chef that can effectively oversee all aspects of kitchen operations including cooking, production, inventory, quality control and sanitation. An ideal candidate is a creative leader who can hire, train, and mobilize kitchen and service teams with precision to provide impeccable service to our guests. The individual must represent culinary expertise with refined cooking technique, style, and taste in order to pioneer menu development and excellence of their restaurant for our valued guests. Executive Chefs are the head of the back of house staff and will manage extensive supervisory duties. With these responsibilities, Patina Restaurant Groups offers great opportunities to grow as a professional culinary expert and enjoy a friendly and exciting work environment.
'Resume submission is required to be considered for the position'
• Develop and maintain recipes, portion specifications, and standard preparation procedures for all dishes and ensure that all chefs are following these standards.
• Determination of purchasing specifications and budgetary allotments for all menu items.
• Lead and cook by example and provide guidance to any subordinates.
• Ensure kitchen operations can run smoothly and efficiently in your absence.
• Make periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service, food appearance, cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment, and employee appearance.
• Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations for success.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all company policies/service procedures/standards.
• Have a working knowledge of company invoice tracking, labor tracking, schedule preparation, food cost management, labor cost management, inventory control and hiring/counseling/termination policies.
• Coordinate hiring and training activities for kitchen, bakery, butcher shop and other production and back of house employees while continuously monitoring their performance.
• Minimum 5 years' experience as an Executive Chef in a restaurant with a similar style of dining, capacity and volume.
• Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
• Servsafe, Food Safety Handler, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certifications required.
• Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L's and budgeting.
• Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill to create exciting new dishes, appropriate for the venue's concept.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
• Proven ability to direct staff clear and concisely while positively influencing employee behavior and performance.
• Maintains openness and willingness to learn new techniques and improve abilities.
• Think quickly, multitask, and adapt to changing situations while maintaining the highest quality of product and other established standards.
• Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required operating machines (i.e. cooking machinery).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary, with Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North.
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and hospitality venues in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia - our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Patina Restaurant Group is a proud subsidiary of Delaware North. And at Delaware North - whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants - there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you! We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world, and when put together with Patina Restaurant Group's exceptional cuisine, landmark locations, and genuine hospitality - the sky is the limit.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants and airports. With approximately $3 billion in annual revenue, the company's 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality and food service, at .