Intrawest is a North American mountain resort and adventure company, delivering distinctive vacation and travel experiences to its customers for over three decades. The Company owns interests in seven four-season mountain resorts with more than 11,000 skiable acres and more than 1,150 acres of land available for real estate development. Intrawest's mountain resorts are geographically diversified across North America's major ski regions, including the Eastern United States, the Rocky Mountains, the Pacific Southwest and Canada. The Company also operates an adventure travel business, the cornerstone of which is Canadian Mountain Holidays, the leading heli-skiing adventure company in North America. Additionally, the Company operates a comprehensive real estate business through which it manages, markets and sells vacation club properties; manages condominium hotel properties; and sells and markets residential real estate.
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 251 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 60 trails and the best snow around. Our three ski areas include the Snowshoe Basin, Western Territory and Silver Creek. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
The Principles Guiding Our Daily Actions and Behaviors
Our six organizational values describe our shared beliefs?what's important to us as an organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.
* Guest Driven ? Service, Passion, Fun
* Unified Team ? Cooperative, Fun and Unsiloed
* Integrity Always ? Do the Right Thing
* Down-Home Hospitality ? Warm, Friendly, Sincere
* Epic Experiences ? Wild, Memorable, Unexpected Delight
* Stewardship ? Environment, Financial, Safety
Snowshoe Strategic Areas of Focus
* Focus on Guest Valued Experience
* Being a Trusted Resort Partner
* Best Place to Work in West Virginia
To consistently offer exceptional service to create a higher percentage of advocates out of our first time guests.
Culture: Snowshoe is made up of a team of GUIDES providing extraordinary mountain experiences. We are a Guest Driven Unified Team who acts with Integrity Always. We provide Epic Experiences to our guests while acting as Stewards of our environment, a safe workplace and our financial responsibilities to our shareholders.
Vision: Snowshoe Mountain will be known as one of the top mountain destinations in the East, the best place to work in West Virginia, and a trusted resort partner.
To teach snow sports in a safe and fun learning environment by inspiring resort guests and staff toward a more fun and memorable mountain experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (list in order of importance)
This position is responsible for the following "job results".
* Ensures a positive memorable experience for guest and staff by teaching snow-sports in a safe and fun learning environment
* Serves as an ambassador for the Resort by being knowledgeable about resort facilities and products
* Creates a rapport with resort guests and staff by showing care and establishing trust and confidence.
* Follows Ski and Snowboard School and Resort practices by adhering to Ski and Snowboard School and resort manuals, policies, and procedures.
* Shows interest in snow sports education by attending mandatory and non-mandatory training clinics, workshops and exams inside and outside the resort.
* Maintains the highest level of professionalism by adhering to uniform requirements, grooming policies, and being loyal to our guests and company.
* Completes all reports accurately by finishing all reports as needed.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: Less than a High School Diploma or Equivalent ? minimum required
Experience: None required, prior experience instructing skiing or snowboarding preferred
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
* Must be an intermediate skier/rider minimum required
* PSIA/AASI Level I (or higher) -preferred
* First Aid & CPR certification. -preferred
Specific Experience other than Ski & Snowboard School Instructor:
* Understands business complexities and assumes responsibility for driving change
* Leads employees or teams of employees to achieve goals
* Guides employees through periods of change, even during difficult times or in the face of hard business decisions
* Exhibits honesty, integrity in an environment of mutual respect and trust, core values, reliability
* Is inquisitive and curious, always asking questions; Seeks new and/or different or ways to improve the business; Thinks outside the box
* Is recognized by others (internally and externally) as being engaged in their role, and someone who can often see things that others have not
* Inspires, motivates, develops, energizes, and creates engaged employees, with a solid record of employee retention
* Demonstrates true passion for the job, the resort, and the company overall
* Displays rigorous commitment to the environment, financial and safety of self, business, and inherent risks through stewardship.
* Communicates clearly and appropriately - both orally and in writing
* Responds to questions or requests in a timely manner
* Conducts regular one-on-one and departmental meetings to ensure a good flow of information
* Recognizes and rewards the achievement of his/her team and others; Ensures thank-yous are delivered
* All communication is down home and strives to improve upon a high level of guest service in a friendly manner
* Achieves high-quality business outcomes for the division as well as delivering good results that help the business overall
* Meets or exceeds financial goals, budgets, forecasts
* Creates successful strategies that produce results, but is also willing to accept responsibility for shortfalls when appropriate
* Ensures a guest driven atmosphere and improves commitment to a service level that exceed our guests' expectations
* Takes steps to provide epic experiences that are wild, memorable and unexpected
* Adapts and is flexible to changing business circumstances across a season, a fiscal year, and/or multiple years; Exhibits willingness to change
* Adjusts budgets and reforecasts as needed across the year based on changing business needs
* Exhibits flexibility in their thinking, will bend when needed, and will lobby others to change when necessary
* Inspires a unified team through understanding was is required for successful, cooperative and fun team success
Any Intrawest employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Intrawest Driver's Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30+ miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Intrawest Driver's Standards Policy; if you have not ? please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
* The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc...
* The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
* Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
* Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
* Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
* Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer SDL2017