This position demands a high level of guest service, interaction, and communication. Ambassador will be responsible for reservations, check in, and escorting processes of all marine mammal interaction programs managed through Discovery Point. This will include but not be limited to booking guests, updating and confirming reservations, outfitting guests in wetsuit attire, assisting with locker check out, and ensuring timely arrival of guests for each step in reservation. Additionally these ambassadors will assist guests with park amenity upgrades, as well as aide Zoological in conducting safety orientations. This position will also be responsible for the overall cleanliness of Discovery Point facilities. This will include but not be limited to laundering/drying of wetsuits and towels, pressure washing, fire hosing pathways, detail cleaning restrooms with machinery, trash and debris removal/disposal. Additionally this position will also maintain stock of restroom dispensers, towel valets, and guest wetsuit racks.
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Possession of a valid state driver's license and be able to obtain an SEA driver's license for guest escorts is preferred, but not required. May be trained in driving 12-15 passenger van
* Must possess excellent customer service skills, communication skills, and problem solving abilities.
* Must be able to stand, walk and work for long periods of time in extreme weather conditions.
* Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays.
* Must be able to process monetary transactions and accurately use a register; cash handling experience a plus. Must adhere to all cash handling policies and procedures to ensure accuracy and accountability.
* Must be willing to work as part of a team and be able to multitask while maintaining a positive attitude to ensure excellent guest service.
* Consistently practices safe work habits including but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
* Must be willing to comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
* Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Process reservations, upsell interaction programs through Market Place Register and Global Reservations systems, while accurately processing monetary transactions.
* Maintain general cleanliness, organization, and quality of Discovery Point facilities, including all park areas, offices buildings, and restrooms.
* Janitorial services to include trash removal/ disposal, sweeping, mopping, window washing, launder wetsuits and towels, fire hosing, restroom cleaning, storage room/ area cleaning, leaf blowing/ removal/ disposal, pressure washing, hard floor care, and carpet care.
* Custodial services to include event set-up/ take-down, special projects, placement/ removal to umbrellas, tables, trash cans, benches, urns, and dispensers, product stocking, laundry facility cleanliness/organization.
* Interact with park guests, satisfied and dissatisfied, using conflict resolution skills when necessary.
* Work closely with Zoological and Merchandise areas to maximize guest experience
* Communicate with guests via phone and email confirming and updating interaction reservations
* Assist guests with wetsuit fitting and locker check out prior to interactions
* Assist Zoological staff with safety orientation and educational information on belugas and sea lions.
* Shuttle guests with Beluga or Sea Lion Interaction reservations to and from appropriate locations
* Ensure reservation schedules are adhered to allow for seamless transition between programs and facility use
* Remain stationed at assigned post until all guests have exited the Discovery Point
* Provide excellent guest service to guests and team members and work as part of a team to increase productivity
* Other duties as directed by leadership SDL2017