The General Maintenance Guest Service Representative (GSR) is responsible for maintaining the general appearance of building(s) and grounds in accordance of the RRI Repair and Maintenance manual and inspection requirements. This position is critical to ensure that the quality of service for Red Roof Inns' guests is in accordance with Red Roof Inns' brand standards and Hassle Free Guarantee, while working with members of the hotel team, maintaining the inn's General and Preventative Maintenance programs, as well as the safety and security of the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Maintain positive guest relations at all times and understand guests' service needs.
* Using Red Roof Inns' set expectations and processes, follow directions thoroughly to monitor and maintain operation, cleanliness, sanitation, safety and organization of guest rooms and other areas.
* Maintain inn landscaping, parking lot, grounds and appearance of exterior of building(s), keeping areas free of trash and debris.
* Completes Repair and Maintenance Program on rooms, performing routine maintenance tasks such as painting, caulking, carpet/floor cleaning, changing light bulbs, toilet seats, etc.
* Inspect property to identify current and potential needs and report findings to Supervisor.
* Maintain safety and security of inn and follow key and lock procedures.
* Clean general public areas including lobby, coffee room(s), public bathrooms, windows, ceilings and pools (if applicable).
* Assist Repair and Maintenance Engineer and/or Skilled Maintenance GSR with projects as assigned.
* Pick up materials needed to complete assigned work projects; keep maintenance room/area clean, organized and safe condition.
* Clean and replace vanity/bathroom lights.
* Assist Housekeeping GSRs in maintaining guest rooms.
* Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
* Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions.
* Ability to exert physical effort in operating cleaning equipment and transporting housekeeping carts (up to 50lbs) as well as endure various physical movements throughout the work areas during shift.
* Empty all Trash receptacles from exterior and lobby at least 2x's per day, as determined by Inn Management.
* Comply with all Red Roof Inn and OSHA standards related to safety and security.
* Provide special services for guests upon request.?? Assist in other areas of the hotel as needed, such as collecting/delivering dirty linen to laundry, assisting with laundry or housekeeping as needed.?? Performing self-room inspections and accepting feedback from room quality inspections performed by inn management and trained team members.?? Cross train in laundry, maintenance, and/or front desk job functions, if possible.?? Performs other duties as assigned.
* 1-2 years in a previous maintenance or customer service position required.?? Knowledge of general hand tools/equipment, lawnmower and landscaping tools/equipment strongly preferred.?? Must maintain professional appearance in Red Roof Inn provided uniform with consistently friendly attitude towards guests and staff.?? Must be able to easily and frequently change from one task to another and work with minimal supervision.?? Frequent lifting and bending required.
* May be required to work nights, weekend and/or holidays.
Because Red Roof Inn hotels may be exterior corridor hotels, the physical environment may require the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Position may come into contact with pets. Employee is required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous chemicals/materials. Regularly scheduled hours may include nights, weekend and holidays. Schedules vary based on business need.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.