This position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
Major Responsibilities: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
* Sort and stack clean dishes. Carries clean dishes to cook's line and other proper storage areas. Rewashes soiled dishes before delivering.
* Change dishwater in dish machine every 2 hours or as needed.
* Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
* Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
* Set up or break down dishwashing area.
* Clean and roll/unroll mats.
* Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
* Sweep/mop floors.
* Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
* Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
* General restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
* Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry and therefore prevent any unnecessary slips or falls.
* Must notify Manager anytime dish machine-wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
* Never touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
* Other duties as directed.
Essential Physical Requirements: Estimated percentage of daily physical requirements and/or number of pounds that may need to be lifted on the job.
* Walks and stands during entire shift.
* Lift and carry racks or stacks of dishes, glassware and other utensils, weighing up to 30 lbs., up to 50 times per shift.
* Lift and empty trashcans weighing up to 150 lbs., with assistance, up to two times per shift.
* Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and lifting.
* Work indoors 80%; outdoors 20%.
* Work in a hot, damp environment.
* Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, burns, slipping and tripping.
* Frequent washing of hands.