Las Vegas, Nevada
The position will require working with groups of 30 or more people, including children in grades K - 12, in both the aquarium and classroom settings.
* Position interprets the Aquarium's living collection to school groups and private groups through interactive and entertaining programs and classroom activities.
* Present programs at local schools, community centers, libraries, auditoriums, and at community events.
* Facilitate Animal Encounter Guest Feed Programs.
* Host birthday parties, Girl Scout badge programs, and behind the scenes tours as scheduled.
* Assist with guest dive programs, including leading tours, tending dives, and aiding with setup/cleanup.
* Responsible for the care and maintenance of classroom animals and habitats, including feeding, water changes, and possible animal handling.
* Perform all other job related duties as requested.
* Ability to speak clearly, confidently, and present to large groups of guest/students.
* Ability to work in a constantly changing environment.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
* Professional appearance and demeanor.
* Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
* High School diploma or equivalent. College or university education preferred.
* Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
* Associate Degree with a focus in Biology.
* Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
* SCUBA certification preferred.