THIS IS BLUE APRON
At Blue Apron, our mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone-from the novice cook just getting started to the experienced chef. Each week we send hundreds of thousands of customers all the pre-measured and perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. We introduce our members to new ingredients, flavors, and cooking techniques with seasonally inspired recipes that are always delicious, fun and easy to prepare. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
We are looking for an Assistant General Manager to join our quickly growing leadership team. As a senior member of the Blue Apron team in Richmond, CA, the Assistant General Manager will help oversee and lead our Fulfillment Center.
The person in this key role will lead and coordinate the all teams to ensure that we deliver our boxes on time and up to Blue Apron standards. The AGM sets the vision for the plant on a high level, building the team and crafting its culture. At the same time this person is well versed on the details of the operation. He or she is accountable for the team following all procedures consistently and driving measurable quantitative improvements in performance.
We're a fast-growing and rapidly evolving company, so the ideal candidate is a self-starter who has years of experience working independently to set procedures, uphold standards, and deliver measurable quantitative results in an operational environment. Our fast-paced environment demands passion, multitasking, high attention to detail, the ability to perform with a sense of urgency, and keen problem solving and organization skills.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
* As a leader of a team of Shift Managers and Supervisors, you'll work through your leadership team to direct over 300 Associates.
* Put sustainable, repeatable processes in place in all parts of our operation. Hold your team accountable to following them and empower your staff to suggest process improvements.
* Build and develop your team. Own large pieces of scheduling, training and recruiting.
* Establish area performance standards and goals for all areas of the facility??? and hold your team accountable to hitting them.
* Recommend and implement changes in process, scheduling, and equipment to tackle problems to improve quality and efficiency, and drive costs down.
* Own safety of the team and of the food. Ensure facilities and associates comply with all state, federal and local regulatory agencies.
* Inspire passion and commitment at all levels of the plant. Ensure that Blue Apron is every team member's favorite place to work!
* Requires a bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Business, or related field.
* 10+ years of progressive supervisory and management experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment (preferably in the food industry) running a large- scale warehouse, and/or working in operations at a start-up.
* Experience in owning quality and efficiency KPIs and scheduling a large workforce
* Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and facilitate cross-functional teams
* Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across Supply Chain, Purchasing, Finance and Operations functions.
* Demonstrated ability of managing cost performance, supply/demand forecasting and distribution execution
* Strong analytical, financial and P&L capabilities
* Clear communication, verbally and in writing
* You're excited to grow with Blue Apron! You don't settle. You challenge the status quo and push your team and the company forward.
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.