***This is a part- time position***
Are YOU ready to propel your career and experience higher levels of professional engagement? Are you interested in learning valuable new skills while leveraging the skills you've already acquired? Do you thrive in an optimistic, collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment? Would you relish the chance to contribute in a significant way to a young, dynamic and fast growing company? Do you dream about being part of an organization that holds its culture, its belief in people and its support of high performing teams at the very heart of its existence?
Imagine an exciting and rewarding career with a leading Canada-based hotel management company with expanding operations in the United States. Having tripled in scale since 2014, ONE Lodging now operates 116 hotels in 32 states.... and our forward momentum is expected to continue!
At ONE we manage many brands but we adhere to one promise: To make our guests feel welcome, to provide the highest quality experience, and to respond to our guests' every need in a professional and authentic manner.
We are ONE Lodging, and we offer the rare opportunity to take part in directly shaping an innovative and positive corporate culture. At ONE, our mantra is 'Good things happen when you show up,' and we specifically seek candidates who have the talent, potential and desire to grow their careers with us.
To learn more about us, please visit .
The Breakfast Attendant functions as a 'service ambassador' for the hotel, by greeting and engaging each guest who enters the dining area and ensuring that their breakfast experience is welcoming, positive and satisfying, and executed in accordance with brand and property standards.
The Breakfast Attendant will set-up, prepare and re-stock the daily breakfast buffet while maintaining the highest standards of guest service, organization, cleanliness and safety.
- Quickly learn daily menus, set-up, presentation, and preparation methods for hot and cold food items. Perform opening activities each morning to ensure readiness and organization within assigned station. Continuously observe the breakfast area to ensure food items, accompaniments and supplies are sufficiently stocked and are available for guests at all times.
- Organize and fulfill special orders as requested by guests whenever possible.
- Ensure that food is stored in proper containers and at proper storage and holding temperatures.
- Maintain inventory of food, beverages and supplies to ensure proper pars for subsequent days.
- Order and purchase food and supplies as directed by General Manager, AGM or Operations Manager. Clear and clean seating area as needed.
- Wash serving utensils and equipment after service and return to storage.
- Greet, acknowledge and welcome each and every guest.
- Engage each guest as unique individuals; Anticipate and listen attentively to their needs and requests. Serve as problem solver in instances of guest dissatisfaction; resolve complaints, concerns or issues in a timely and helpful manner.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Report and follow up on any maintenance issues or safety hazards.
- Work with Front Desk, Engineering, Housekeeping and other departments as a team to ensure a seamless guest experience.
- Exercise effective, on-going communication; relay any pertinent information to supervisor and/or fellow Breakfast Attendants.
- Maintain work area, including counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration units in a clean and sanitary condition and in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Maintain personal hygiene in compliance with applicable rules, regulations and laws.
- Support other departments, as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in a busy, service-oriented operation; previous food service experience preferred.
- Up-to-date knowledge and training in food handling, safety and sanitation preferred.
- Extremely positive, outgoing and friendly demeanor; ability to communicate effectively with diverse guests and staff.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to consistently focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds unassisted and walk/stand for 6-8hours.
- Ability to perform physical activity to include lifting, bending, stooping, balancing, reaching and pushing.
- Ability to work consecutive early morning shifts (5:00am), and schedule flexibility to work extended and/or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro